Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

Manila Tour and food trip!

An office mate of my mom's .... err, office, lodged in our house. (until this week) We decided to take her on a trip around Manila, since she's from Cebu and it's her first time to "migrate" here.

Places we went:
1. We went berserk to take pics in Luneta park (I wasn't able to take pics myself).
2. We went inside Intramuros. It was my first time there myself LOL. What I saw was an old-fashioned Spanish style "walled city" complete with cobblestone roads.
3. Well we hoped to see Malacanan palace (with an "en-ye" letter) but the road's closed.
4. We also hoped to get free admission at the National Museum (every Sunday), but we learned that the cutoff is @ 4:30 PM. The sad part, WE WENT THERE @ 4:38 PM!
5. Manila bay. I just couldn't get that Uber putrid stench off my nostrils! May precious babies suffered :(
6. Food trips. I ATE A LOT BY THE WAY.

Here are the foodie places we went to.


When we experienced the sense of hunger, we decided to take our guest in Quiapo so she could taste the awesome goodness of BOULEVARD...


above: the vintage signage of Boulevard burgers.

According to my mom, Boulevard burgers has been around since the 70s. Also, My mom and dad would often go here to buy very delicious burgers.

The price is very affordable @ around Php 28 for a burger. I think that it's worth it, since it tastes like HEAVEN. It's ultra good with many herbs, plus cucumbers make a refreshing impression on your tongue.

I'm very amused by their way of endorsing, too. The cook, who is displaying her prowess in the entrance of the narrow hallway always shouts "Burger" or "Burjer" in a rather amusing tone. That's what makes the shop soooo populous. 

~PS, you can fins Boulevard burgers beside a cyclist shop in Quiapo, Manila.


Here we go! 

The pic above is the entrance to the restaurant "Pares Pares" in Quezon City. We became "sukis" when we first ate there.

The shop offers a variety of originals from the Filipino cuisine. Their bestseller, of course, is the beefy pares, which is priced at the very "sulit" price of Php 79. I must say, It's very delicious! They also offer their bestseller drink, Super Ice tea, which is given a pitcher-sized stein. (LITERALLY!)

I have to admit, I was full when my sister decided to treat us there, but I pushed on since I LOVE PARES. 

~Pares Pares can be found along Mindanao Ave. and Pag-asa.

No comments:

Post a Comment